OUR ETHICS—GMoP code of Conduct
The difference between core values and code of ethics: Core Values, these are who you are/wish to be; the energy you are sending out to others. Code of ethics, those are the rules of conduct you strive to live by.
Code of Conduct:
- One’s ego is happily “left at the door,” while contributing to the GMoP.
- Treat all others the way you yourself want to be treated: with respect and kindness.
- Seek first to understand before you seek to be understood.
- Express yourself in a calm, concise, well thought-out manner.
- Respect the roles of those that are chosen to exert some leadership function.
- Strive not to undermine those in position of responsibility.
- Make suggestions for solutions through the proper channels of communication, rather than by making critical arbitrary complaints.
- Express concerns and insights with the appropriate people.
- Strive for an attitude of "Servant Leadership." Establish a collective framework where willing contributors are encouraged and nurtured so that they may flourish, grow and express their individual talents.
- Be solution oriented.
- At all times we conduct ourselves in an ethical, appropriate, civil, legal manner and maintain confidentiality and privacy when expected.
- Any disagreements and/or conflicts are to be dealt first of all respectfully, directly and immediately with the individual concerned.
- If a resolution is not reached then a “mediation” should rapidly be arranged with the people concerned in the presence of no less than three other core members who are not involved in the disagreement.